Fasteners usually include the following 12 types of par […]
Fasteners usually include the following 12 types of parts:
1. Bolt: A type of fastener consisting of a head and a screw. It needs to be matched with a nut to fasten and connect two parts with through holes. This form of connection is called a bolt connection. If the nut is unscrewed from the bolt, the two parts can be separated, so the bolt connection is a detachable connection. 2. Stud: a type of fastener that has no head and only has threads on both ends. When connecting, one end of it must be screwed into a part with an internal threaded hole, and the other end passes through a part with a through hole, and then screw on the nut, even if the two parts are tightly connected to form a whole. This type of connection is called a stud connection, which is also a detachable connection. It is mainly used in the occasions where one of the connected parts is thick and requires a compact structure, or due to frequent disassembly, it is not suitable to use bolt connection.
3. Wood screw: It is also similar to machine screw, but the thread on the screw is a special rib for wood screw, which can be directly screwed into the wooden component. together. This connection is also detachable.
4. Washer: a type of fastener with an oblate ring shape. It is placed between the supporting surface of bolts, screws or nuts and the surface of the connected parts, which increases the contact surface area of the connected parts, reduces the pressure per unit area and protects the surface of the connected parts from being damaged; another type of elastic washer, It can also prevent the nut from loosening.
5. Retaining ring: It is installed in the shaft groove or hole groove of the machine and equipment, and plays a role in preventing the parts on the shaft or hole from moving left and right.
6. Pin: It is mainly used for positioning parts, and some can also be used for connecting parts, fixing parts, transmitting power or locking other fasteners.
7. Rivet: a type of fastener consisting of a head and a nail rod, used to fasten and connect two parts with through holes
To make it a whole. This form of connection is called rivet connection, or riveting for short. It is connected with non-removable. Because to separate the two parts connected together, the rivets on the parts must be destroyed.
8. Screws: Can be divided into three categories according to usage: machine screws, set screws and special purpose screws. Machine screws are mainly used for tightening the connection between a part with a threaded hole and a part with a through hole. A set screw that does not require a nut is mainly used to fix the relative position between two parts. Special purpose screws, such as eye bolts, are used for lifting parts.
9. Nut: with internal threaded hole, the shape is generally flat hexagonal column, flat square column or flat cylinder, with bolts, studs or machine screws, used to fasten and connect two parts It becomes a whole.
10. Self-tapping screws: similar to machine screws, but the thread on the screw is a special thread for self-tapping screws. It is used to fasten and connect two thin metal components into one piece. The component needs to be made with small holes in advance. Due to the high hardness of this screw, it can be directly screwed into the component hole to make Form a responsive internal thread. This type of connection is also a detachable connection.
11. Assemblies and connection pairs: Assemblies refer to a type of fastener supplied in combination, such as a machine screw.
Combined with flat washers; connection pair refers to a type of fasteners that are supplied by a combination of special bolts, nuts and washers, such as high strength large hexagon head bolts for steel structures.
12. Welding nail: Due to the heterogeneous fastener composed of light energy and nail head, it is fixedly connected to a part by welding.